Wednesday, June 23, 2010

our humble whimsy abode

Whimsy customers often ask us if our house is like our shops...

Here's a tiny glimpse into our lil' home and yes friends, our house is full of Whimsy !
It's not that we are big fans of CAKE (well, carrot cake is definitely on the radar)--
but we discovered that the first letter of each of our names spelled CAKE and soon that was a theme we used in many rooms...


Here's a boot that never made it into the shops, but many of our finds certainly do !

A common love of decor for me is "painted wood". I love original painted wood and if it's
chippy, I am a big fan. My son always teases me about finding "chippy garden gates in seaside blue". If I did, I would hit the jackpot, in my world of original paint!


Collections of wood skittles is found on my mantle.


The crow was added recently and seemed to find a great home.


Love old mirrors that are far from perfect... and I have several bird collections.


Vintage children's chairs are one of my faves...


Can't say we live in a mansion or even a dreamy seaside cottage, but

we surround ourselves with vintage treasures that make it home.

And, we practice what we preach...LIVE WHAT YOU LOVE

(just like on the prints at Whimsy)!













No comments: