Saturday, March 27, 2010

turning 51 with vincent, picasso, and other masters

I was supposed to have fun on February 23. I had taken the day off and Alan and I had a full day planned and celebrating my 51st was the reason for the trip to LA. But, my Dad had passed away just a month before and I spent nearly 2 weeks home with the flu, andthen got hit with a COLD,
and had jury duty during the cold from helllll.
But we went to the Getty and stared at the Masters and dreamt of a simple life with a paintbrush in one hand and a kleenex in another!


My own art inspired from a box of umbrellas outside one of the exhibits,
just in case of raining on my parade!



The snow covered mountains of Los Angeles were spectacular on the dreary February day.


I am always in awe of this particular sight at the Getty.



Why did Vincent have to leave the earth so young? No one had his way with color and stroke.




I think this lady in the painting is feeling just like me. Sick.

But, at least her nose isn't bright red and dripping like mine!





For now, I will dream of healthier days, and be thankful that I have a husband and a wonderful life and that I can look at art through teary eyes and cherish the 51 years I have been fortunate enough to walk on this cherished planet and see life through my eyes that turn everything into art.

Rest in peace, Daddy. I will love you forever.















No comments: